PLUS, to make things even more interesting, I’m running a special New Podcast Celebration, with TWO ways that YOU can benefit and WIN: [Read more…]
Of all the challenges I’ve given myself so far this year, my Great Bedtime Experiment is certainly one of the most successful. Not only did I manage to get to bed (lights out!) by 11pm every night during the month of January, but I’m thrilled that my formerly set-in-stone “damn the torpedoes; full speed ahead” approach to bedtime (ie, stay up as late as necessary to get as much as possible done, regardless of the physical costs) has been utterly revolutionized.
It is now normal for me to think of 10pm as “get ready for bed” time, and any time after 11pm as “past my bedtime.”
Seriously, this is nothing short of a miracle.
Given that it is close to 10pm as I type this, then, I’m going to make it short in order to maintain my beautiful bedtime routine.
In fact, though, this post has long been intended to be a brief (though very important!) announcement, so my usual verbosity isn’t necessary anyway.
What the hell am I talking about? Just this:
The Poobahs of Play Announce Our Grand Opening!
For the past 4 1/2 months, I’ve been deep in scheming and dreaming, planning and organizing with my partner in crime (and fellow Poobah), Kelly Hevel.
Together, we are the Poobahs of Play, and our plans for world domination include spreading the seeds of creative play like a couple of 21st Century Johnny Appleseeds.
I just posted the full announcement, complete with lots of juicy details (like a free tele-party; a $100 discount on our upcoming online course, Playing Around Online; and a contest to win a scholarship to do the course for free) on the new Playing Around Workshops blog.
Click here for the full Grand Opening blog post.
Whew! Lots of fun stuff coming up. I hope to see you at some or all of it!
And now, in the spirit of Great Bedtime Experimenting (continued), I’m signing off.
aka Poobah Melissa
PS — Pssst! Know someone who might benefit from seeing this today? Pass it on!
Yep, it’s true – after months of waiting, the doors to the Thriving Artists Project are about to open again in one week.
Finally, you’ll be able to get access to:
- weekly interviews with thriving artists
- weekly lessons that demystify marketing and business (and make it fun!) and deprogram you of the “starving artist” mindset
- the members forum, where current members connect with me and each other, get support and encouragement, even create challenges to push everyone forward!
- monthly live Q&As and webinars (including NEW seminars with experts on a variety of topics to help you make more money from your art)
- special bonuses from several partners
- discounts on One-on-One coaching/consulting and group coaching masterminds with me
Membership will be by subscription, $27/month, and the doors will only be open for 72 hours. BUT, I’ll be holding a pre-sale for advance notice subscribers starting on Friday, and you’ll be able to buy 3, 6 or 12 months for a super-discount rate.
You gotta be on the advance list to get in on the pre-sale, so sign up below if you haven’t already.
Plus, two lucky people will actually win a year-long membership!
There are two ways you can win. Here’s the deal:
How to Win: Way 1
Tell everyone about tTAP!
Use Twitter, email and/or your own blog. For each of the following, you’ll be entered into a drawing to win:
- Tweet about the Thriving Artists Project! Send people to the TAP site by including this URL http://bit.ly/g3QnvM and the hashtag #wintap in your tweet. You’ll earn 1 entry for each tweet, up to 6 tweets per day. (One Twitter account only, please. I don’t want any spam here.) Some possible tweets:
I’m deprogramming myself of the starving artist mindset, & you can too! Thriving Artists Project http://bit.ly/g3QnvM #wintap
“Starving” & “artist” do NOT have to go together. Learn how: Thriving Artists Project http://bit.ly/g3QnvM #wintap
I’m learning to THRIVE with the Thriving Artists Project. Inspiring & FUN! Join me! http://bit.ly/g3QnvM
Finally, the tools & inspiration I need to THRIVE as an artist! Thriving Artists Project http://bit.ly/g3QnvM #wintap
Connect with other artists & learn to THRIVE with the Thriving Artists Project http://bit.ly/g3QnvM #wintap
- Tweet about this post, using the URL http://bit.ly/dSEyTr and the hashtag #wintap in your tweet. You’ll earn 1 entry for each tweet, up to 6 tweets per day. (One Twitter account only, please.) Some possible tweets:
Want to win the Thriving Artists Project for FREE? Here’s how: http://bit.ly/dSEyTr #wintap
I entered to win the Thriving Artists Project and you can too – it’s easy! http://bit.ly/dSEyTr #wintap
Learn to thrive from your art – win the Thriving Artists Project http://bit.ly/dSEyTr #wintap
If you do tweet multiple times a day, be sure to mix your tweets up.
- Email your list about the Thriving Artists Project
Your email must include one or both of the URLs above, and must mention this contest. Your email will earn you 10 entries to win.
Make sure to forward me the email – send it to melissa (at) livingacreativelife (dot) com
- Write a blog post about the Thriving Artists Project
Again, your post must include one or both of the URLs above, and must mention this contest. Each blog post will earn you 10 entries to win.
Make sure to email a link to the post to me at melissa (at) livingacreativelife (dot) com
How to Win: Way 2
Tell me why you think you should win.
Just leave a comment below, telling me:
- why you want membership in the Thriving Artists Project
- what you hope to get from it
- and why my panel of partial judges should pick you as the winner
My panel of partial judges and I will pick one lucky commenter to win a year-long membership in tTAP.
Easy, breezy. In the meantime, to get in on the pre-sale (starting Friday!) be sure to sign up on the advance notice list if you’re not already on it. I’ve even included a form below to make it easy for you (I’m nice that way).
Looking forward to reading your comments, tweets, blog posts and emails, and good luck!
After months of hard work and planning, the doors are finally opening to the Thriving Artists Project tomorrow!
Creating this course has been an incredibly fun and exciting journey (when I haven’t been tearing my hair out over technical issues). But there have been a lot of late nights, and I have to say I am going to be so happy to get some more sleep soon…
If my aching post-surgery knee will let me, that is, which is another story entirely.
But this post is not about my aching knee. (Will you get on with it, already, Melissa? People are waiting for details!)
Okay, so here’s everything you need to know:
How to Get the Thriving Artists Project
- Tomorrow at 9am, anyone who is signed up on the Ground Floor Inner Circle advance notice list will get an email with a link to the secret Thriving Artists Project buy page. Just click through, make your selection, and you’re in as an official Ground Floor Inner Circle Member! How cool is that?
- The doors to the Thriving Artists Project will stay open for 72 hours only (through 9am Saturday, December 4).
- Anyone who signs up on the Ground Floor Inner Circle advance notice list between now and Saturday will also receive an email with a link to the Thriving Artists Project buy page (But be forewarned, if you wait til the last minute you run the risk of your GFIC subscription not getting confirmed in time to get in the doors to buy the course before they close. I am not responsible for lags in list subscription confirmation times. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!)
- At 9am Saturday, December 4, the doors to the Thriving Artists Project will close until further notice. Nobody will be allowed in (no matter how much they whine) until I re-open the course sometime next year, at more than twice the price.
That’s right: anyone who buys in now gets the Thriving Artists Project at less than half the “official launch” price (and fyi, I expect that the price will go up from there as I add more content and value to the course).
A few things to keep in mind:
All Ground Floor Inner Circle Members (ie, those who buy in between tomorrow 9am and Saturday 9am) will have lifetime access to all content in the course. This includes content that may at a later date only be available to Premium members.
In other words, if you buy during this 72-hour pre-launch/soft launch/whatever thingy, you’ll get the lowest price the course will ever be offered at, and you’ll get lifetime access to all content I ever create for the Thriving Artists Project, including content that’s off-limits or time-restricted for everyone but Premium members down the road.
You’ll be getting, like, mucho mucho value for dinero muy pequeño.
That’s “a whole lotta value for very little money” in case your Spanish is as nonexistent as mine. Seriously, I had to translate it on Babelfish. Which is a really cool site, btw, if you aren’t aware of it. And in fact, the actual translation, at least according to Babelfish, would be una porción entera de valor para el dinero muy pequeño.
Anyway, to recap:
The Thriving Artists Project will be made available for 72 hours, starting tomorrow at 9am, to Ground Floor Inner Circle advance notice subscribers only, and if you buy now, you’ll get the best deal that will ever be available. Period.
That’s it for now! I’ve got to get back to work on the course, so I’m outta here.
PS – If you haven’t entered the contest to win the Thriving Artists Project, there’s still time! Find out how here.